Hawaiian surfer Garrett McNamara (sounds Irish to me….) has just caught a 90 foot wave at Praia do Norte, Nazaré Portugal. McNamara was tow-in surfing with Northern Irish man Al Mennie and English surfer Andrew Cotton. Al Mennie says;
Everything was perfect, the weather, the waves. Cotty and I surfed two big waves of about 60 feet and then, when Garrett was ready, (along) came a canyon wave of over 90 feet!
The jet ski was the best place to see him riding the biggest wave I’ve ever seen. It was amazing. Most people would be scared, but Garrett was controlling everything in the critical part of the wave. It was an inspiring ride by an inspiring surfer.
- Garrett McNamara’s wave was BIG, but was it 90 feet ? (uwtreasures.wordpress.com)
- Surfer breaks the world record riding a 90-foot wave [Video] (thenextweb.com)
- Garrett McNamara Breaks World Record For Largest Wave Ever Surfed (Video) (dailypicksandflicks.com)
- Surfer Garrett McNamara rides world’s biggest wave in Portugal – video (mirror.co.uk)
- Garrett McNamara Sets World Record, Surfs 90-Foot Tall Wave [Video] (inquisitr.com)